Power My Home solar panels in the UK.


Hi Roger

Self-installations cannot be grid-connected. The MCS-accreditation is required to do this (think of Gas Safe for heating systems). Proper certification is required when dealing the export tariff applications.

If you want to power the main property in addition to the summer house, I can only recommend getting a proper grid-tied installation done with the additional expense of proper installers. How far is the summer house from the main property? Distance affects final output.

Seven-years is correct regarding payback, (more with battery storage), but ultimately down to consumption levels.

If your happy just powering the summer house only, then a standard standalone kit (think of canal boats with solar panels) may be an option?

Hope this helps.

New world savvy.

"I've witnessed many fantastic changes, innovations, and installation companies come and go. My fellowship with ethically-minded MCS solar panel installers goes back decades. Today, I offer my experience to ensure you gain real independence from this crazy geopolitical world."

Stuart Lovatt
Power My Home Solar Panels
Sundial House, 44 Panton Road, Chester CH2 3HX.
01244 722 607

Est. 2004.