These PV solar panels are today's solar technology of choice for homeowners across the world. A-frames are available for a ground-mounted installation.
PV solar panel kits.
|A consultation can be arranged|
When working with heights, electrics and plumbing, always use the correct safety equipment. Use an accredited MCS-installer for a professional install.
Health and safety should a priority when self-installing PV solar panels.
1. The need for scaffolding is paramount to create a safe working platform with roofing ladders to help protect the roof surface. A handy tip to help plan the work area is to measure your roof space from the inside of the loft space.
Locating the Inverter next to your planned wire entry area is advisable to keep the wiring length as short as possible. Professional installations have the Inverter fixed within the loft space, but easy access to the isolation switch is essential.
With your internal measurements in hand, you can plan the location of the PV solar panels on the roof. Keep the edges of the solar panels away from the apex, side and gutter edges as much as possible.
2. Carefully remove individual tiles/slates to fix your roof anchors to the underlying battens while measuring the diagonal distances between the top left and bottom right. This procedure will ensure they are correctly square.
Clamp the aluminium 'horizontal rails' while checking they're square before committing to the final clamp down.
The best part of this installation is fixing each photovoltaic panel while connecting in series, routing and securing the wiring as each PV panel is attached to the array.
A microfiber cloth is handy to wipe down as you go.
3. Run your wiring down to your Inverter's location. This component can be secured to an additional board to house the Inverter in your desired loft location.
Locate the Isolation Switch alongside the main board and check the existing equipment is updated and conforms to modern standards before the connection.
The Credit Meter gets installed between the isolation switch and the mains board wire run.
4. Set-up the credit meter settings and double-check all the connections and fixings for compliance.
5. Enjoy your first cup of tea made with your PV-powered electricity. You've joined a growing army of people who benefit from solar panels.Home Solar heating panel kits Evacuated solar tube kits PV solar panel kits