PV solar panels are now financially viable without subsidies.
"Today's lower panel costs alongside new plugins extra's help maximise PV over its three-decade lifespan."
Learn about PV solar electric panels
2009/8 figures from The Department of Climate and Energy show Scotland and Yorkshire in 2010/11 being the most significant adopters of PV solar panels.
These accolades put to bed the misconception that solar panels don't work in the UK climate.
How much will I earn?
A tax-free return on investment of around 5%. More expected when used to charge a vehicle.
Will PV produce all my electricity needs?
In most cases no. However, it could do a substantial portion. All this depends on your consumption rate and the size of the solar PV panel system installed.
How much power can photovoltaics produce?
Each case is different due to geographical location.
An average PV solar installation would generate approximately 800 kWh/year per kW installed. A two KW system would produce around 1,600 kWh a year.
Why are the PV system's grid-connected?
Excess power you're not using, storing in battery storage, hot water tank heating or charging the car, will automatically feed into the power to the National Grid, and rewarded for your contribution.
Are the panels only installed on your roof?
PV panels can also be ground-mounted in aluminium frames within your garden/land or boundaries.
Who is doing this?
There is projected to be 64,000 domestic installations and 110,000 installations in the commercial and public sector by 2022.
What we look for:
- Roof-orientation and access for installers.
- Some electrical boards and wires may require updating to meet modern safety standards while planning route access for the additional wiring and components.
- Additional information for plugin extras (optional).
How much will a system cost?
The cost of a photovoltaic installation depends on many factors. Our get a quote service will provide you with options and tailored quotations. Ask a question
In a nutshell.
We're about reducing reliance and promoting energy independence.
- We're about reducing reliance and promoting energy independence.
- We recognise the futility of Switch N' Save.
- Recognising PV solar panels and EV's work brilliantly together.
- Our enthusiasm grows for photovoltaics alongside global demand.
- We make installing photovoltaics as comfortable as possible.
- Enjoy three-decades of freedom from geopolitics.
- Feel the pride once installed.